At Winding Roads Counseling, we understand that raising an adolescent presents a whole new set of parenting challenges. It can feel like the person who lives in your house is a wholly different person from the child they were just a few years ago.
So if any of these sound like you…
- You’re noticing increased conflict in your family.
- You’re tired of the constant battles and power struggles.
- You’re concerned about your adolescent’s behavior or mood.
- You could use an expert opinion on what your adolescent is going through, or a non-judgemental ear just to listen.
- You think your adolescent could benefit from someone to talk to.
…Then therapy could be right for you.
I work with individual family members, as well as the family as a whole, to help improve communication, reduce conflict, and create a more peaceful and cohesive family unit.
At Winding Roads Counseling, I offer therapy that helps adolescents and families learn new skills and new ways of communicating with each other through both traditional therapeutic techniques and nature-based interventions. You’ll learn to reconnect through immersive outdoor experiences designed to challenge your typical ways of communicating and problem-solving and allowing you to practice new skills in real time.
Family life with an adolescent doesn’t have to be constant stress and struggle. I can help you and your adolescent learn to manage the things happening in their life that are affecting your family. If you’re looking for help improving your family life – using traditional and nontraditional therapy methods – you would be a great fit for my therapy services. Please reach out to me today for an assessment for therapy or to schedule your first appointment.